how do you fix a pogo stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you fix a pogo stick?

Just want to know what would be the best kind of shocks and fork springs would work for me? I got a '78 gs750E. Where would the most cost efficient place to get them? And brake lines, what and where is best and cost efficient?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Hmm, I know the pogo-stick feeling. When I got my Kat1100 the rear shockies were basically just a pair of springs with no damping and every bump in the road felt like it was going to launch me over the handlebars...

Are you a hefty lad or average weight? And do you have a hefty wallet or an average one? :-D

You can spend an absolute screamer on suspension if you want to... Ohlins, etc. But for more modest budgets (such as most of us have), I can recommend IKON shockies -- they have not only spring preload adjustement but rebound damping adjusters as well. There are cheaper shocks to be found but IKON have always given me great value for money. Check out their Application List and I'm sure you'll find your model listed -- I'd say part no. 7610-1394 is what you're after.

For fork springs, I've never fiddled with those so can't say. But IKON do those too so you could ask around and see if there are satisfied customers out there.

Re. brakelines, you could try Earl's or BSR Aerotek.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2006, 02:50 AM.

Comment

I used Progressive Suspension shocks and springs and front fork springs on my 550L. Got 'em from Dennis Kirk.

Sometimes on the interstate, when going in long boring straight stretches, I miss the boing, boing, boing from going over the seems in the concrete roadway. :-D \\/ This was especially noticeable on the West Virginia Turnpike, if you've ever ridden or driven on it you know what I mean :-D .

Comment

I was looking at progressive from DK it's about $320 for front and back. They work good for you?
        Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

A lot better than the old rear shocks, which had absolutely no damping effect left. My springs are heavier than stock, for me and my camping gear. Without the gear it rides kinda harsh, but it doesn't pogo.

The front springs I like. The old ones were really sagging, and brake dive was a problem, could almost bottom them. THAT could put creases in the seat. Lots better with the new springs.

Comment

I think the Progressive shocks are a good deal for the price. The Ikons are great!. I went with the Ikons because my riding conditions vary from one-up day rides to two-up trips with loaded saddlebags and tank bag. I don't think the Progressives have the adjustability to suit my range of riding conditions. Plus the Ikons are rebuildable. To some extent you get what you pay for. It all comes down to how much you have (or are willing) to spend.

As far as the front forks, there aren't many more cost effective mods you can do than a set of Progressive fork springs and a fork oil change. For under $100 you'll have a much improved and safer front end.

Also take a look at Paragon Performance for stainless brake lines.

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Cute

TFB wrote:Are you a hefty lad or average weight? And do you have a hefty wallet or an average one?

Very clever!:-D
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
              X