Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! I need some old Suzi 2-stroke help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! I need some old Suzi 2-stroke help!!!!!

Once again I come to the forum with my pleas for help. 8O
    So, I know from previous posts, that some of yall have had in the past( ridden 8) ,loved :P ,hated ), some form of the GT Suzukis. Be them 200,250,350,500, and the Great Water Buffalo,GT750.
    My question is related to my 1976 GT250. I am in the process of doing a minor on-frame restoration. I have a leaking cylinder gasket :x and am trying to change it. I am able to remove the cylinder head just by removing the 8 bolts. After this there doesn't seem to be any more bolts, but the cylinders(jugs) :? ,are still pretty tight down .
    Now according to the 2 shop manuals that I have, there is a"cylinder disassembling tool, Suzuki part# 09912-34510. This same tool is listed in my 83 GS1100E factory manual. So it is a "standard" tool.
    Is there any other way of pulling the jugs without damaging metal or do I need this tool?
    If that is the case, is it still possible to buy/find/borrow/eBay/make this tool?

Thanks for the help,
    DW
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Sounds like the barrels are corroded onto the studs. I had this problem with a 6 month old GT500. The only tool I know of is a soft mallet, or hide hammer, penetrating oil and a lot of care!
    Paul
    GS1000S, GS1000(s)

Comment

This is an old farmer's trick to pop off a coroded on head.
      1. crank the engine with the plug in but not hooked up, compression will push it off.
      if 1 doesn't work
      2. spray some starter fluid (ether) in and hook up the plug wire to the coil, stand back and put some juice through it. 8O
      Maybe this is why most old farmers are missing a finger or two :?

Comment

I believe the special tool is a rubber or rawhide mallet.
        Roman

Comment

Thanks,Paul,Clone and Roman. 8)

I've spoke with a couple of trusted, local mechanics and it seems the special tool is.......................... A rubber mallet.
          So Paul and Roman are the lucky winners and will have to split the prize of a year's supply of...................NOTHING..
          But think what you can tell your friends and neighbors.. :P
          And Clone, because you helped, you also get nothing. :P
          But to all 3 of you guys and to everyone at the Forum, you have my gratitude. 8)
          Merry Christmas to all. A Happy New Year, and see you riding next spring.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
          X