1982 GS650L Intake boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS650L Intake boot

Can anyone aim me to a source for a new intake boot? I just need one and keep striking out searching. Nothing on ebay right now.

Originally posted by Burke1959
    Can anyone aim me to a source for a new intake boot? I just need one and keep striking out searching. Nothing on ebay right now.
    You can just go to your local suzuki dealer and order one.Its will be about 25 bucks but you wont have to pay the shipping cost.Also I would replace those phillips screws with 6mm allens and torc to 6 to 8 ft. lbs.Were you born in 59 ! just a guess.

Comment

Gs 650l

Yah, 1959. Not very clever I reckon. Thanks for the advice about parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke1959
        Yah, 1959. Not very clever I reckon. Thanks for the advice about parts.
        I was also born in 59. In march.This is the place for info about our bikes that for sure.There is not too many 650'though.I have one and love it.59mpg.and it takes me 50 miles a day round trip to work and back.Beats the heck out of my f-150 at 17 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
          I was also born in 59. In march.This is the place for info about our bikes that for sure.There is not too many 650'though.I have one and love it.59mpg.and it takes me 50 miles a day round trip to work and back.Beats the heck out of my f-150 at 17 mpg.
          I get around 51 in light traffic on mine. My F-150 gets 19MPG on the highway if I am lucky. I got 54 on the suzuki ona recent trip, that right hand decides how good mileage is.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Went for my first ride on my '82 650GL (that had been sitting for 13 years when I bought it last month) and gave it a good shakedown cruise after buying parts/replacing parts/rebuilding parts/cleaning parts/tuning parts for the last month or so. First tank I ran through it on July 4th turned out 60.5mpg in 95 degree heat (yeah, I got baked pretty well that day--worth it, though). That was basically noodling around town and some back roads, rarely getting over 55mph, rarely sitting in any traffic. Started riding it to Nashville for my 35 mile commute on the I-24 International Raceway today...so I have yet to see what it'll turn out with having to run 75-80 to keep up w/ traffic.

As a side note...I have GOT to come up w/ a set of compromise bars somewhere between the factory pull-back bars (I hate those) and the nearly flat drag-bar that mine has on it...makes my neck feel like I've been riding a crotch rocket.

Comment

intake boots

I should have 4 come in tommrow for my 83 GS650L, the price is 21.95 EA. One fell off when I pulled my carbs to clean them, figured if it was that bad I'ld go on and replace all 4. I don't want to do the job any more that I half to!8-[

Comment

Originally posted by jwlawrence
                I should have 4 come in tommrow for my 83 GS650L, the price is 21.95 EA. One fell off when I pulled my carbs to clean them, figured if it was that bad I'ld go on and replace all 4. I don't want to do the job any more that I half to!8-[
                dont forget to replace your o-rings also or you will be diong it all over soon!Then sync your carbs, it will do a world of good and run better.I get 59mpg and thats going 55 to 80 and getting on it constantly!
                Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I think the new boots come with o-rings.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage
                    I think the new boots come with o-rings.
                    No, they don't. Gotta order the o-rings, too!
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I'm currently soaking the screws to my intake boots with PB B'laster. Smacked the screws with an impact phillips head(not attached to the driver) Soaked with WD 40;tried to unscrew AND IT STARTED TO STRIP!!! Researched threads and Jimccor advised the PB. If anyone knows a good chant to the druids of mechanical luck,let me know. I'll soak 'em some more after dinner and tommorow magically they'll come out. I've got their replacements ready to go. Wish me luck!!

8-[ :shock: 8-[
                      RJ

Comment

If you have a dremel you can cut a little off for the vixe grips to take hold.If you can get one loose you can move the boot and free the other one up.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy
                          If you have a dremel you can cut a little off for the vixe grips to take hold.If you can get one loose you can move the boot and free the other one up.
                          Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it won't come to that....:-D

BTW----born in '57

Comment

Working...
                          X