• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you just can't beat that price.
    Unless he's a real thirsty guy :-D
    Hope it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by davidp
      spoken to a good friend of mine today, who happens to work at a local motorcycle dealers.
      he has kindly offered to strip, clean,polish,and rebuild me vm26 carbs for the princley sum of a few pints of the old amber necter.
      Good deal. If you need any help tuning them, just ask.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hey Davidp, can you ask your friend if he can order 4 new Pilot Fuel Screws with springs? I don't want to have to buy the whole set of carbs if I can just buy the screws.
        I've E-mailed a couple of places but have no reply.There for a VM 26 carb.
        :-D

Comment

You cannot beat a deal like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon78gs1000
            Hey Davidp, can you ask your friend if he can order 4 new Pilot Fuel Screws with springs? I don't want to have to buy the whole set of carbs if I can just buy the screws.
            i will ask next time i see him.:-D

Comment

Pilot fuel screws can be had from Mikuni.... 16 bucks each last time I checked.
              Order a rebuild kit for a 77-79 GS750. Get the K&L kit. It includes the pilot screw and spring, where as the kit for a 1000 does not. The only difference will be the main jet supplied (use your old one).
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Thanks Renobruce,I'm on it :-D

Comment

The kits are from K&L. Part number 18-2466, 77-79 GS750.

I got mine on ebay for $18 per kit.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I think first i'll try to machine 4 new ones.It's cheaper than $70-80 for just 4 screws. I can use the boss's lathe.And I have the dimensions.
                    Still no E-mail from prospective shops.

Comment

I think first i'll try to machine 4 new ones.It's cheaper than $70-80 for just 4 screws. I can use the boss's lathe.And I have the dimensions.
                      Still no E-mail from prospective shops.
                      You getting all new everything for that price minus the mains which you don't need. It's a good deal if your rebuilding the carbs. If you do decide to get the kits, try Georgefix on eBay. Send him an email and tell him what your looking for. Tell him Hoomgar sent you

Comment

Working...
                      X