2 and 4 valve head same block and all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 and 4 valve head same block and all?

i was wondering if a 4 valve non-shaft drive head will bolt on a 2 valve shafty 82 1100

i know the cams and probably the cam chain would need changed

anything else?
    thanx scott

You would have to use pistons from a 4 valve engine and the cams of course, but both engines use the same cam chain.
    The problem is that the cylinder studs are a different pattern, so it's not feasible. It would make a great motor though.

bill

Comment

ok thanx bill

i didnt know if they both bolted up or not

Comment

Depending on how bad you want it, it can probably be done. Many of the Pro Stock drag racers in years past converted their existing 4v motors to 2v cylinder heads because of the weight break afforded in the rules. This required the relocation of 2 of the 12 studs and using a cylinder block with a different pattern. Very possibly it wouldn't be too much more work to go the other way, but I never tried it. Let us know if you do!

Comment

well i was just kinda kicking it around.............

i was thinking about rebuilding the motor and i was thinking "well as long as im in there".........

all u other gearheads know EXACTLY what im talking about lol

big bore kit and all
          HOWEVER all the cams i see are for four valve heads.................

i was looking at the 1500cc kit from APE

ive dealt with them before and was really pleased...

scott

Comment

Originally posted by scottericsonon
            well i was just kinda kicking it around.............

i was thinking about rebuilding the motor and i was thinking "well as long as im in there".........

all u other gearheads know EXACTLY what im talking about lol

big bore kit and all
            HOWEVER all the cams i see are for four valve heads.................

i was looking at the 1500cc kit from APE

ive dealt with them before and was really pleased...

scott
            I guess you are thinking of splitting the cases then

Comment

You would have to change pistons too to make it work. The pistons have valve pockets flycut into them.

Comment

*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$!
                i did it again
                please see the other post with this name

scott

Comment

anyways yeah i was gonna split the cases.............have to to put a new cam chain in it.......

if i do it im planning on getting a "big block"from APE and probably going 1600c.c.s

so that solves the cyl block and the piston problem................

ive found heads for decent money..........

is there enough meat in the cases to easily relocate the 2 studs that need moved?

the cases have to come apart for the cam chain and to bore them for the bigger liners in the new block,so drilling and tapping 2 new holes is nothing as long as i have some meat in the right area..........

thanx scott

Comment

Working...
                  X