1982-83 Gs1100l New Gas Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982-83 Gs1100l New Gas Tank

On ebay now 1982-83 GS1100L NEW GAS TANK http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...75046869<br />

Very nice! That's the 83 color scheme.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Tanks

The salvage yard that put the tank up for auction attempted to put a buy it now option on the tank but it did not take. No one had bid on it so they sold it to me for what they wanted for buy it now and stopped the auction. The tank will be on it's way to my house and my bike this week. (Too bad there will be snow on the ground till late march.) This is a good day. Thanks for the link Deano
      (PS, normally I would not go this route - I feel kind of underhanded - but being they were unable to put the buy it now that they wanted to put on the tank I went ahead with the purchase)

Comment

Anyone know if a fuel tank for a 82650GZ would fit my 82 650GLZ. I'm so not handy it isn't funny...lol Not sure if the "L" designation would change things. Are gas tanks easy enough to change??

Mark

Comment

Tank changes.

The tanks are extremely easy to change. I beleive the tank should bolt up but I am not sure it will look the same. My limited experience tells me the gz tanks have a different styling to them but I beleive they have the same mounts.

Comment

Nice tank

Sure, I don't check ebay for a couple of days and NOS tank which I covet goes sliding by. I'm really looking for the blue '82 color scheme in better condition than the one I have. If you ever seen one drop me a line.

Better watch GS Resources a little more closely. If I'd seen that tank it might have cost you more than $60 to get it 8O

Chris

Comment

$95 total

I actually paid $75 for it with $20 shipping. If anyone had bid on it I would have just been in the bidding war without the option of buying it.

The place that had it was Kohl's Cycle Salvage in NY. Phone number is
              [716]433-3903. This seems to be a mom and pop shop that just bought out all the japanes parts from genuinecycle (http://www.genuinecycle.com). They told me they have 3 levels of Motorcycle parts and have lots of GS parts. Being they were willing to part with a brand new gs1100L fuel tank for $75 I figure their prices can't be too bad. Their e-mail is FMurrell10@aol.com.

I know how difficult it can be to find good salvage yards and I think (mind you this is the only transaction I have had with them) that this one could be decent.

Good luck. If I run accross any other new tanks in the country I will post their existance.

Comment

I went to the Gallery and compared the pic for a 650 G and a GL and the tanks are a different style. Oh well....my tank is in decent shape just real faded with a few chips..but at that price I'd have jumped on it.

Mark

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp

here is a link to an 82 650GZ tank from the same people I got the 1100 Tank from. Also brand new.

there is a buy it now option for $75.

Comment

I saw that....thats why I asked if the 650GZ was the same tank as a 650GLZ but the GLZ appears to be a bit more tear droppish then the GZ tank..could just be me though. I'd love a new tank as mine is old and faded.

Mark

Comment

Chris:

Thanks for the info on these guys. I got the other GS1100L tank they had. They seem like nice people.

I will probably be in Buffalo in January and am going to stop by and see what else looks good. The GS650 and GS425 tanks are apparently the last new Suzuki tanks they have. Maybe I can eyeball their NOS stockpile if anyone has a specific need.

Comment

Gs1100 Tank

It's cool that they had another one. I never even thought to ask if they did or not. If they have any original shocks (or if anyone knows of any better than original shocks to put on the gs1100L) let me know.

Comment

Working...
                        X