Where can I order a new stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I order a new stator?

Bought my first bike - a 1978 GS750E. Just had it at the shop for a month for a tune up, carb cleaning, fixed the electric starter and ignition. Died on me a couple days later with a dead battery. I tried to trickle charge the battery but got the "trouble light" on the charger so I figured it was toast so I got a new battery. I used the fault finding chart from the Stator Papers to diagnose the charging system and the multimeter test I did told me I have a faulty stator. I went onto the Electrosport website but there is no stator available there for my specific model. Anyone know where i can get one? I am technically challenged but determined to try and learn enough to work on the bike myself. Thanks a lot.

I like this parts dealer. Fast shipping and decent prices.

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Rick's Electrics. I have their R/R and have had no problems for around 1,500 miles now. http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

Comment

Also, their prices are very good and a search of the forum shows other positive reviews.

Comment

Rick's

I recently bought a Rick's stator (nice product) from Dennis Kirk. They sell them cheaper than Rick's does.8-[
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I tried to get the engine cover off but couldn't budge any of the screws with my lame tools. So I ended up bringing the bike down to a local guy. I'm going to get the parts on line and he'll install it for me.

Comment

You need a impact driver to get the side covers off, You can get one from Great Neck at Autozone for $9. They use the impact from a hammer to drive the screw in or out!!

Comment

Working...
              X