Parts Interchangability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Interchangability?

Tried searching to see if this had been brought up before and got nothing, so here goes what may possibly be an stupid question---

I own a 85 GS300LF, and am in need of various parts for it. I have tried a bunch of salvage yard websites, but have yet to get much of a response.
    While searching most retail websites, nobody seems to list the 300, only the 250 and 400 models. I've gone to bikebandit, but whoever scanned the images for the 300 didnt do all that great a job, and most of the part numbers are illegible.

Does anyone know of a interchange list that would tell me what parts will fit from other models? Is a 400 close enough that I can use most of it's parts?

Thanks for your help,
    Jim

The 250 is closer to it, the 300 is a 250 that has been opened up to 300.
    What parts do you need?

Comment

Thanks for that tidbit of info--I had no idea of the motor's origins

I am looking for a few parts right now--I need an ignition switch assembly and a gas cap (the square one)
      Found a ignition at crc2onlinecatalog.com, but it specifies that it's for the 400 and larger--it looks just like mine, bu when I emailed them they couldnt tell me if it would work or not

I'm sure as I get deeper into this project, I'll be back on here trying to find more parts

Jim

Comment

the gas cap is universal, I had a GS250t and it used the same cap as my 1000g, the ignition switch should also interchange with several other models.

Comment

Working...
        X