X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no other I.D on the carbs
    motor ser# GS1000 102115
    intake bore (airbox side) 40mm
    exhaust side (head) 27mm but they taper inn so it's probably 26mm at the slide :-D
    your picks look identicle to mine
    I also have no springs with the pilot fuel screws
    At least I know what I have.
    And thats a good thing
    thanks Hoomgar

Comment

just been through this ordeal with my vm26's on my gs750e. the carbs were stripped and we discovered 3 out of the 4 tips were broken off in the bodies. wish i'd read this thread first as i was advised just to get a new set of carbs. i picked a set up at the wreckers for $165. not too bad i thought.
      it baffles me how someone could stuff it up 3 times! is this a common occurence?

gus

Comment

To the dismay of quite a few people it's seems to be a very popular sport.
        This "Twist Em If Ah Got Em" screws. lol
        I sent an E-mail to http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/ to see if they have any. If I can't find any,as a last resort Robert Barr E-mailed me the Dimensions of the little suckers so if I can't get any retail,I'll try to lathe a set out of brass stock.
        I like the look of Hoomgar's painted carbs. I think I'll go that route. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Jon78gs1000
          To the dismay of quite a few people it's seems to be a very popular sport.
          This "Twist Em If Ah Got Em" screws. lol
          I sent an E-mail to http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/ to see if they have any. If I can't find any,as a last resort Robert Barr E-mailed me the Dimensions of the little suckers so if I can't get any retail,I'll try to lathe a set out of brass stock.
          I like the look of Hoomgar's painted carbs. I think I'll go that route. :-D
          Where do you see painted carbs buddy?

Comment

WOW,if they aren't painted then tell me just how you get those suckers to look like that! That's a great job!
            \\/ :-D

Comment

WOW,if they aren't painted then tell me just how you get those suckers to look like that! That's a great job!
              They should come out of the carb dip looking much like that. A little Simichromepoli on a toothbrush and you can have them looking close to chrome.

Comment

I gotta get doing that.There nice carbs
                Just wating for the darn fuel screws to do a complete job.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive an answer

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=80799

Comment

Thanks for the link.
                    I wonder if pure injector cleaner will do the same job?
                    I have about 8 cans of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X