tips on fitting an electrosport r/r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips on fitting an electrosport r/r

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to fit an electrosport r/r? As you all know it's bigger and on my bike, it interferes with the battery holder. Thanks in advance

Sorry, in my haste to post my thread and get out of the house,I didn't specify that my bike is an 84 gs750es. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

It should be a drop in fit. Electrosport may have shipped the wrong part number. I would contact them and put the burden on them to supply the right part which fits your bike with no interference or modifications.

Comment

FYI, I called electrosport about this and it's the right part, bigger is better. They suggested using only 1 bolt for mounting. I rotated it 90 deg and viola. All is mounted.

Comment

Bigger is better (with one bolt) ONLY if the unit is designed to radiate heat away without depending on both bolts to help transmit it to the frame. Even though THEY recommended it, you may want to double check that they'll honor the warranty if it overheats.

Part of the reason OEM Suzuki units fail is that there isn't a lot of airflow, nor do the units manage to transfer enough heat to the frame, so they wind up frying themselves.

Hope this is helpful!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X