breather hose rerouting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breather hose rerouting

I have an 83 gs750e that I am putting k&n pod filters on in place of the stock airbox. Their is a breather hose that runs from the valve cover into the top of the airbox. Their is also a drainage hose to allow accumulated fuel to flow out the bottom of the airbox. My question is what to do with this breather hose. My first thought was to route it out where the old drainage hose ended (out the bottom of the bike). My main concern with this approach was vacuum - do I need to keep a vacuum on the breather hose, and if so, how do I get that vacuum without the airbox? So I difer to the experts, anyone done this before or know what is the correct way to deal with the breather hose? Thanks Adam<><

you put a filter on it also, K&N sells a small crankcase filter that you connect to the crankcase breather hose.
    A vacuum is not necessary,(although it would help) the filter will prevent any dirt from getting drawn back in through the hose, and also keeps bugs out.

it was routed into the factory air box for emissions reasons, instead of venting the crankcase fumes to the atmosphere, they routed it to the air cleaner where it was drawn into the engine and burned.

Comment

I routed mine back to where the old air box was with a filter attached just as focus suggested on my '83 GS750es.

Comment

On my 1100, the previous owner just left it there with nothing on it. That didn't seem like a good idea, so I put one of those $5 red breather filters that they sell for import cars (hey, its somewhat the same color as the bike) on.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys.

Comment

Working...
          X