Harley Mufflers on my GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harley Mufflers on my GS1000G

These Hardley mufflers work really nice. (And they were free!) I can’t believe the difference it made in the way the bike runs. Even my clutch chatter has quieted substantially. They sound nice and there is a noticeable improvement in acceleration and smoothness. (Did I mention they were free!)

Thanks to all who had suggested it and a special thanks to Planecrazy and ruddy for their suggestions and pictures.

You can see more pictures at http://www.pbase.com/hunter58/suzuki_gs1000g

I sure like the boxes on that. What where they worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy
      I sure like the boxes on that. What where they worth?
      Billyboy,

Are you talking about the Vetter Hard Side Bags? If so, I don't really know. You would have to find out who sells Vetter stuff. I'm not sure if it's still being made.

Steve

Comment

Those mufflers look good on there!
        They would be easy to get too, seeing how every HD rider likes to rip them off and have open pipes.

Comment

i use to work at a harley dealer and those stock mufflers were everywere. our dumpster use to be full of them brand new. people would get the exhaust changed before they even rode the bike. i tried a pair on my gs750 and i didnt like them at all, they seemed more restrictive than my stock exhaust. so instead i made my own mufflers.

Comment

free is good - veeerrryyy good...

Comment

I didn't know HOGS had mufflers? That some kind of extra cost option???

Comment

Is that a stock paint job? I really like the color.What color blue is that?
                future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Good job! They look great. \\/

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless
                    Is that a stock paint job? I really like the color.What color blue is that?
                    No not stock and not blue. Sorry about the pictures, it was the wrong time of day and the bike was in the shade of trees. It's acutually dark green and I havn't been able to ID the color. I found the closest Duplicolor to paint the hard bag covers with but it didn't match. The color is so dark that unless it's in some sort of light it looks almost black. The paint is nice but not my choice of color. Someday it'll be repainted.

Comment

Originally posted by ruddy
                      Good job! They look great. \\/
                      Thanks Ruddy.

We actually cut the pipes at the cross over connections which shortened it about an inch and half and welded them on.

Steve

Comment

I may have to consider a set but ceramic coated black for my bike, when the time comes. Is the sound similar to stock or more "potuh potuh"?
                        Did you make up those bag mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by Clone
                          I may have to consider a set but ceramic coated black for my bike, when the time comes. Is the sound similar to stock or more "potuh potuh"?
                          Did you make up those bag mounts?
                          the "Potuh Potuh" sound is from the Harley riders as you ride by making their throw away mufflers sound better than they ever could :-D

Comment

Those look like stock Vetter bag mounts. Ebay item only out of production long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by Pharkmeh
                              the "Potuh Potuh" sound is from the Harley riders as you ride by making their throw away mufflers sound better than they ever could :-D
                              4 into 2 vs. 2 into 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X