Question for all you racers........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for all you racers........

I need to buy valve guides for my 79 gs750. I realize there is a big difference in quality of material depending on the company you buy them from. This motor will have some mods like headwork & pipe & jetting. These are mods that will probably heat up the motor more than a stocker would.
    Who should I be looking for to buy valve guides from?

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

anybody?...............

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

I dont race motorcycles but here are 2 places that might help you out.

I have never dealt with either company.

Comment

I by only from the best!!!(That’s my opinion) I have worked with A.P.E on several engine mods and there tech staff is knowledgeable, friendly and has no problem offering advice to the novice mechanic. I would sugest them to anyone that wants to re-build there engine.

Comment

I can't seem to find any for the 750 1978 motor. This is the 2-v motor. Are there ones from another motor that might fit?

Paul

Comment

Unless you feel very confident and have prior experience replacing guides, I would send the head out and have it done by a pro. http://www.starracing.com/ is a good choice. A valve job will be necessary after new guides are installed. I would recommend letting them install their own guides and have them do a competition valve job. Total cost should be around $300 plus shipping. A very critical area for good flow is around the valve seat. They use a "serdi" machine to do the seats, which does the seat, the top cut, the bottom cut and the radius blending into the port all in one cut. Awesome machine.....BadBillyB

Comment

I got all my parts, valve guides, SS valves and pistons rings etc from
              Orient Express.
              Not saying they are better than the others, just these are the guys I used.

10 years+ and many 10's of thousands of miles no problems.

I had a local machinsit do the work.
              Keith
              -------------------------------------------
              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
              X