Carb??What is this part??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb??What is this part??

While cleaning my carbs, I found that the 2 inner carbs do not have this little disc by the choke circuit tube. The outer 2 do have it . Is this bad?
    I marked up the photo from the carb cleaning tutorial. Hope that was ok.
    Do I need these discs i the inner 2 carbs?

Sorry, I can't help you on what exactly it is. I can tell you that all four carbs on my '80 850g has it, and there was one for each carb supplied with rebuild kits. As for function, no idea, since there doesn't seem to be a fuel port that would need to be seperated.

Comment

disk info

the disk are plugs from the factory where they had access to other holes that join together under the disk.such as vent or vacumn ports.
      on most other carbs these must be in place to seal the hole from leaking air or fuel.

Comment

I just got done rebuilding my brother's carbs off his 80 GS750. You NEED those plugs. They are plugs, not discs, probably about 3/8" thick and tapered. I'm not sure why they exist, but they plug up a very large hole that opens into the throat of the carb. When they are in place, there is a square-cut rubber gasket that sits on top of it and the bowl gasket is then placed over top of this.

If you can't find a couple of replacements somewhere (they didn't come with my rebuild kits, replacement plugs for the air screws did) You may have to get a second set of carbs and butcher them for parts - or get a really nice set and use your current set for parts.

Good luck,
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        X