Lost 2 cylinders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost 2 cylinders...

Whats goin on everyone? So I've been riding my '79 850G since the begining of the summer and everything has been working flawlessly until yesterday. I was accelerating pretty good and it was running quite smooth. After about 5 minutes is started to bog considerably bad so I pulled off and it really did not want to run. I manage to kick it and get it back to my house to find out I lost 2 cylinders, the far left and far right. I pulled the plugs and they're in good shape. I think it may be the coils but I'm not terribly sure any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's a pretty safe bet you lost a coil since it's the two outside cylinders. If you still have a points type ignition you may have lost a condensor or the points may have slipped.

Comment

I would guess that its a coil also. Often times when coils start to go they will spark fine at first then produce a weak spark or quit firing altogether when they get hot. Just for kicks, check the connections between the wiring harness and coils. They got weak on mine and caused it to run like crap.

Comment

Also check connections to make sure nothing vibrated off, like the connector. Has happened to me before.

Comment

Working...
        X