Dyna S ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S ignition

Is the Dyna S ignition a good up grade for my 82 GS850L? My original ignition system works fine but Im wondering if there are any performance gains with these Dyna ignitions.
    Would I need the just the ignition with/without their coils for any gain?
    Thanks
    ECR

Since the point of an elec. ignition is to time spark output, I don't see how the 'timer' by itself can make a difference. I think a performance boost would be more likely seen with the coils, not the ignition unit.

Comment

Probably no performance gain with the Dyna S, but some dyna coils will definitely be an improvement over stock.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

After read through the service manual of GS110, stock ignition pick up system only allow the ignition coils to be charged up for half cycle in each cycle. So during at high rmp range, ignition coils may not have time to be fully charged up. ( inductive circuit is gradually increasing the charging current and then saturated at full. But capacitive circuit is starting with a full inrush current and then gradually decrease to zero current) Therefore, if it have more time for the coils to be charged up, it will have more energy.
        Dyna ignition (dyna S and Dyna III) has individual pick up coils circuit to let the each ignition coil to be fully charged in each complete cycle. So dyna has better performance at high rmp. But the stock ignition has better inter lock function for not miss fire or ignition.

However, this is just what I guess and not be proved.

Comment

Working...
        X