Tool Kit?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Kit?????

Where was the toolkit mounted on my 82 850GLZ if it had one??

My 80 850G has a Cavity behind the Seat. I think it was Probably There. Long Gone Now.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Mine is long gone too on the '79.

Comment

Most of the one's I have seen had a tray that fit on top of the battery box, snapped to the frame that held the tool kit

Comment

The GS850GL factory toolkit (when present...) is in a plastic tray that sits toward the back of the bike from where the battery is, kind of snapped into the frame.

If you look at this parts diagram:

The plastic tray is part #12, no longer available (but might be found junkyarding or on ebay); and #13, the tool kit itself available for around $32 from http://www.bikebandit.com.

With my '83 1100GL, the tool quality isn't hideous, but with my previous '82 650GL, the tools were lower grade. I'm sure some of the tools are missing from my kit...

In the diagram, the tray would snap right in if moved straight down into the frame.

Comment

Thanks, I had a feeling I was missing some parts. Im going to try to find one of those trays.

Comment

That tray should also show up at least in GS1100GL's (same frame) and maybe in various other GS750L through GS1100L bikes... Unfortunately, without a parts cross-referencing program or book, an exact answer means a few hours of going through the diagrams on a site like http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Comment

650 Kit, + Tray on eBay

Same as 850 tray? I don't know, but looks similar. - Mike

Comment

Thanks, Ill watch it and maybe bid if it stays in a reasonable price.

Comment

Plastic zip locks and saddle bags:-)
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
                      Plastic zip locks and saddle bags:-)
                      Yes I do that now. I got a pair of real saddlebags (for a horse) off ebay for $5 bucks. Real raw hide bags- look pretty decent on the GLZ.
                      I still like the looks of my bike without them- so I dont use them all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X