Carb problem 82 GS1100 GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb problem 82 GS1100 GL

I put it in the shop and they cleaned the carbs up and noticed that a couple of the carb diaphrams had slits in them and needed to be replaced, because they were sucking air. So I contacted a local suzuki dealer and the diaphrams are 82 bucks apiece. They don't come with just the ruber diaphram it's a whole piece. I guess my question is where would I find the ruber diaphram pieces by themselves. I don't know if I want to pay 82 bucks apiece for the whole kit and cuboodle.

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2006, 07:50 PM. Reason: no response

$82 is a pain isn't it...

A cheaper way out might be to find a second-hand set of carburettors that has good diaphragms, and use the parts you need from them.

Comment

Yeah I was considering that option, but you never know what you buying till you get them and take it apart.

David

Comment

If you get them from a wrecker, they usually offer a guarantee on the working condition of the parts (at least, they do here in Australia). Besides, you could always just pop the lid of the carbies and visually check the diaphragms... literally a 5-minute job, and no wrecker will begrudge you that.

The other thing is that if, for example, you buy a set over eBay, then you can always ask the question before you bid, which should save you from any bad surprises.

Comment

thanks for the advise

Comment

Working...
          X