Location,Location,Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location,Location,Location

8O Would someone please tell me where the regulator rectifier is located on my GS1100G 1982. I want to use the stator fault finding chart. Also the chart says there is 3 wires coming from the stator. I have four, yellow blue green & black .

It's on the bottom of the battery box.

bill

Comment

Originally posted by billp
      It's on the bottom of the battery box.

bill
      yellow, blue, and green are the "legs" of the stator, the black wire is a ground, and often just attach-es to a mounting screw for the reg/rect
      a common modification is to lengthen the ground and attach it to the battery ground, for a more reliable system.

Comment

Location of R/R on 1982 GS1100G

Dave:
        You'll have to remove the left side cover and probably the right side cover. Then remove the battery; then remove the fuse box,starter solenoid and the battery "box". The R/R is mounted to the bottom of the battery box. I know it sounds like alot of work, but everything is screwed to that side of the bike. Also, you'll see where you can get to the grounds to clean and check them.
        Good luck.....it pays off!
        Bob Young
        GS850G &GS1100G
        bytes88@tco.net

Comment

Don't feel alone David, I too am replacing the RR on my GS1100G . My battery charging circuit gave up the ghost this summer and it is time to replace that part of the GS formula! The stator is next but not right away! I have a long winter to get the job done. Good luck on your project!
          GY

Comment

Working...
          X