Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows stock jet size for 83 1100ED???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows stock jet size for 83 1100ED???

Alright, while going through my carbs, I looked at the main jet and they are all stamped 105.
    The Haynes manual I have says they should be 112.5
    So who knows what is correct??
    If I have a smaller jet, that would mean I am running.....lean...or...rich????
    I am running all stock and would like to keep it that way.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

If the 112.5 main jets are what the Haynes manual lists for your bike (and they are -- I just checked my Haynes manual), then it is very safe to assume they are correct.

Smaller jet size means less fuel gets through, so it will be running lean. The only time I can imagine that you would fit leaner main jets, would be if the bike was being used at high altitude.

Comment

Doug,

I'll be out in the garage in a little while. I'll check the factory manual for the jet sizes and post them....................

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks tfb and Joe
        I recently took the carbs to a local Suzuki shop to have checked out and they said, sure the jets are stock.
        Sure they may be stock but are they the right size?
        Fricking morons:shock:
        This is why, I am doing my own work on her nowadays. Can't trust most shops it seems anymore.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Thanks to firsttimer and his post:arrow: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t=73723&page=3
          I found my answer.
          Thanks.
          This just another reason this site ROCKS\\/ \\/ \\/
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
          X