idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle?

1982 GS850 that I am looking at buying , runs good, perfect throttle response , just touch start button and it starts no smoke, but it won`t idle unless choke on just a little or just a touch of throttle, without it will quit, but will start right up, this is when it is hot or cold no different ? :shock:

Is the idle set too low?

Comment

Not sure if idle is set too low (not my bike thinking about buying) , just doesn`t seem to be idle adjustment thing but very well could be, but has real strong acceleration, and tach don`t work but thats all thats wrong.

Comment

Mine does the same. I've not had the time to deal with it. Likely that the carbs need cleaning. Rust, varnished/gummed fuel are all issues with these and all bkes running properly. Look in the tank and note the condition. If you are lucky it is nice and shiny! If you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, use the inabilty to idle as a bargaining chip for a better deal.

:-D Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bws49
          1982 GS850 that I am looking at buying , runs good, perfect throttle response , just touch start button and it starts no smoke, but it won`t idle unless choke on just a little or just a touch of throttle, without it will quit, but will start right up, this is when it is hot or cold no different ? :shock:
          If he will let you try setting the idle adjustment up a little bit to 1000 or 1200 around there and see what happens.Hows the plugs and air filter,are they new? That will make all the difference in the world.If the price is right, I would go for it!!!

Comment

Working...
          X