Turn signal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal question

I have an 82 gs650g that I recently put some bullet style running lights on as turn signals, however, the damn things won't blink. If I swap the wires out to my old signals, they blink fine, so the flasher unit isn't fried. Are there different bulbs for turn signals and running lights, or am I just missing something here. Also, my stock setup did not have running lights, just a hot wire, an earth and a single filament bulb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a lot of times you need to put an Automotive type flasher unit on your bike. Try that first. Something about the Resistance of the bulbs or something.

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave
      a lot of times you need to put an Automotive type flasher unit on your bike. Try that first. Something about the Resistance of the bulbs or something.
      Thanks pntrdave. Will any generic auto flasher work or am I looking for something specific?

Comment

Get an electronic type flasher - they are not as sensitive to resistance. And match the connectors - 2-wire or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by dodger1
          Get an electronic type flasher - they are not as sensitive to resistance. And match the connectors - 2-wire or 3?
          Two wires to each signal, 1 hot 1 earth. Or did you mean to the flasher? If that's the question, I'll have to look when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Yep, flasher connector. It's 2-wire on my older 79 850. Plus, I just noticed your orig. comment re: running lights. Not sure how they would hook up to a one-wire system, but that may be part of your problem. Did the kit have wiring instructions for this?
            Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X