Bad News for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here we go

Using the Clymer manual, I'm stuck at the following point.

Removed fuel tank, trying to remove carburetors. The step reads as so....

"Loosen the locknuts securing the throttle cable. Slide the outer cable end out of the carburetor bracket (I did that) and disconnect the inner cable end from the throttle shaft."

How do you disconnect the inner cable end from the throttle shaft? The manual does not show a picture of how to do that. Sorry for such a silly question....-Pete

Comment

Look for the little slot on the throttle shaft lever and slide the cable right out/off. Hope this makes sence. Take a close look at it and youll see what were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by mrquadriga
        Using the Clymer manual, I'm stuck at the following point.

Removed fuel tank, trying to remove carburetors. The step reads as so....

"Loosen the locknuts securing the throttle cable. Slide the outer cable end out of the carburetor bracket (I did that) and disconnect the inner cable end from the throttle shaft."

How do you disconnect the inner cable end from the throttle shaft? The manual does not show a picture of how to do that. Sorry for such a silly question....-Pete

Not Silly Pete, Silly Would Be NOT asking and Breaking Something! Been There, Done That, Thank God not on My Bike Though!
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Alright, figured it out and got the throttle cable undone from the carbs. Now I'm stuck at the point where it says to remove the two bolts from the airbox. Any tips on how to get a wrench or socket on them bad boys? They're up under the upper part of the frame just below where the front of the seat rests. Spent an hour last night dealing with that. Many thanks....-Pete

Comment

Pete which service manual are you using? In my Clymer (that covers 80-81 GS & GSX1100 fours) on page 103 figure 135 they look pretty easy to get at. Mine has pods, my air box came in a box of extra parts so I've never actually removed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L
              Ashamed nothing...I'm scared to adjust my valves for the first time, solo. I want someone to watch and hit me in the back of the head with a wrench or something "No, not like that!" I know in my mind it's not a big deal but I also know if you don't do it right you can cause more harm than good.

Is there anyone near our forum brother Pete, willing to lend a hand?
              assume you've been hit, now get going!
              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Okay, got the airbox undone and the carbs removed....

Let's recap. Dry compression test revealed #120 in cyl 1, #20 in cyl 2, #35 in cyl 3 and #130 in cyl 4. What's next? Remember, you're dealing with someone that's never taken anything apart before. Please use small words and talk slowly...lol. I'm suspecting that the "head" has to come off, just looking for a confirmation. While waiting for your replies I'm going to get up close and personal with a bank of carbs......Ü. Many Thanks....Pete

Comment

Working...
                X