Need some help with my valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with my valves

I can't find a manual or the specs for my valve clearance on 83 GS750E or the proper torque settings for my head when i put it back. could someone plz help i've searched every corner of the net for these measurements. thank-you for your time.

GS750E

Also does anyone know if i can drop in the 83GS1100E when this motor dies without to many mods thx.

From the 1983 GS750E(ES) service manual:

Valve clearances (when cold), inlet & exhaust: 0.09 - 0.13 millimeters (0.004 - 0.005 inches).

BB

Comment

The '83 750E (Great and Awesome Bike BTW \\/ ) uses Tappet adjusters with a lock nut.

It was suggested to me to use 2 feeler gages. Reason being is that there are 2 tappets on the same Rocker arm. Forgive me if my nomenclature is incorrect. I tend to just label things the way I feel they should be.. :-D

Anyway, since there are 2 on the same rocker arm - you can get a false measurement as the rocker will pivot slightly. I had to adjust my valves twice for this reason.

So, you put a feeler gage in each side and adjust 1 at a time and nothing but a thing.

Also, I set mine to the .005". I've been told to set them on the loose side as they tend to tighten up.

Good luck.

And when you need Rubber - go with Pirelli Sport Demons. They stick like glue on that bike. ;-)

Comment

thank-you thank-you

thanks man, least now i have somewere to start, before that i had nothing to go on. will keep you updated on how it works out thx again.

Comment

Working...
        X