Which Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Exhaust?

I need to replace the muffler on my GS850GN because my old muffler has alot of holes in it ranging from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2. all dotted around, i can't seem to find a good muffler on the net and i live in he bahamas so there is not a selection over here.I need one for the left and right side.Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,Jo

Check out this thread about H-D mufflers. Yes, I mean Harley-Davidson mufflers. I put a pair of DynaGlide shorties on a Kawasaki and a pair of Softail mufflers on my 850. I'm the Anonymous poster on #42 and #49 talking about putting shorties on a Kawasaki 440 LTD.

I think they look better than the originals, and they definitely sound better. They're louder but not so much that your neighbors will be annoyed. They have a nice mellow tone at a steady throttle, but they rap when you crank on the revs. I'd say they sound a lot like the old British sports cars. I like being able to hear the mellow sound instead of the mechanical engine noises that are louder than the original mufflers.

By the way, I did NOT have to rejet either bike after installing the H-D mufflers. They are the proper size to slip over your header pipes, but I welded mine because I didn't think clamps would be secure enough. If you're careful with the alignment, you should be able to use the bike's muffler mounting holes. I did on my 850.

I hope this helps.

Comment

thank

thanks for the info i will look at it right now.

Jo

Comment

If you still have the stock 4-2 you can search for "universal megaphone" or go to jc whitney, they have replacement megaphones. There are mufflers out there, the bigger problem is finding a complete system.

Comment

MAC makes a set of 4 into 2 and 4 into 1.

Comment

i had a buddy that went to slash cuts on his dyna wide glide. i did some sawzall action and fabbed up a couple of brackets to the original mounting holes on the ole 78 750. i also got a couple of chromed clamps from autozone. they are mucho secure and sound a lot better. i was running a little rich due to a drill out on the jets so i needed a little more flow. all in all a pretty cheap mod but i liked the results. i'll post pics if anyone is interested when i get a chance....cc

Comment

thanks

thanks i am going to look up jc whitney now,I only need the megaphones.

Jo

Comment

muffler

i need to know which model to get and how to put it on because i have a 4 into 2 exhaust and the v type joint is rusting so i want to replace that aswell,do the universal mufflers come with this piece,also my muffler has been welded on.

Jo

Comment

www.cr2online.com has universal mufflers

Comment

bought

i have bought a mac 4 into 2 because at th ebottom of the exhaust there was alot of rust.

thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X