Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixture screw in or out?

Hi all,

My bike is running a bit lean (slight backfire when throttle releases) and Im wondering if you turn the screw in our out to make it richer. right now, they are sync'd and are at 2 turns out.

Out is richer.

Mine ended up at 2.5 - 3 turns out. I've heard this is incorrect and will curve my spine and lose the war, but it's what works on my bike.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

BWringer, my spine is gonna be curlier than yours.

I think mine ended up between 3 and 3 1/4 turns.

We just did a 1200 mile trip from southwest oHIo to Nashville, TN. Freeway all the way there (had to get there quick), then the scenic way home, including Cherohala Skyway, Deal's Gap, Foothills Parkway, then mostly 2-lanes from Knoxville to Richmond, KY. Took the freeway the rest of the way home. Bike never missed a beat, had a low of 42 mpg on the freeway on the way down, a high of 55 mpg on Cherohala, with an overall average of 47.5. I would say that something is definitely set up right. Bike has a Slipstreamer windshield, leather saddlebags and a trunk mounted on the luggage rack. My wife was riding it this trip, keeping up very well with me on my Wing.

You can see a picture or two of it in the gallery: http://www.thegsresources.com/_scrip....php?RegID=759

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

wicked. thanks guys.

I think the difference is that our float levels might be slightly off, which would starve the carbs of fuel, a slight, slight bit. maybe an imperfect seal on the airbox?

whatever! it runs fantastic otherwise, so im just going to screw out until good!

I got about 37 mpg going 80mph in pretty good winds. got 42+ on mixed highway and cruising backroads. and that was while it was untuned. hopefully it will increase.

thanks guys~!

POOT

Comment

Working...
        X