Hydraulic clutch conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydraulic clutch conversion

Anyone know where I can get a bolt on hydraulic clutch conversion for a GSX1150efe, or has anyone made one up themselves. My clutch is just too heavy for my bad left arm in cold weather. The cold affects my arm not the clutch. Remember seeing one in a magazine a few years ago but did not pay much attention at the time, but arthritis(??SPELLING) is getting worse.

I would love to have one for my 1100E also...I am tired of replacing broken clutch cables.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
      I would love to have one for my 1100E also...I am tired of replacing broken clutch cables.

Hap
      Put me on that list also

Comment

I've fantasized about that one for years, maybe this year I'll attempt to make one, there is enough room to flip the clutch pull-arm, making it a push-arm, the clutch cable retaining fitting could be welded up,drilled and tapped for a slave cylinder,please let me know if you find an easier way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daveo
          I've fantasized about that one for years, maybe this year I'll attempt to make one, there is enough room to flip the clutch pull-arm, making it a push-arm, the clutch cable retaining fitting could be welded up,drilled and tapped for a slave cylinder,please let me know if you find an easier way!!!
          The simplest way is to let Dave do it first and just copy the method.

Comment

OK, I knew I had seen a system in a magazine a few years ago and after searching for a few hours here we go...... ''Magura Hymec'' make a system for converting dirt bikes from cable to hydraulic. A simple search threw up quite a number of places in the US that supply these systems, but be careful as they ranged in price from $250 to almost $700!

Comment

ez clutch??

I had seen an ad in the back of some harley/chopper mag for a clutch lever set up that incorporated a set of gears. It was basically a gear reduction to make it easier to pull the cable. I'll look for the ad. I think it was called EZ Clutch??

Comment

Here is a site with the Triumph T955i with the Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch installed...it looks like a very simple installation!

Hap

Comment

Not exactly on topic, but if your only concern is broken cables, try making one. You can use the same sheath, but buy the cable and fittings from an aircraft supply house. Their cable is far superior to standard stuff.
                  Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

$250 for a clutch mod
                    Why not spend that money on a lock up clutch ?
                    Light clutch operation (original springs), easy installation and no more slipping all in one package !

Comment

Working...
                    X