parts sounce in Kansas City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts sounce in Kansas City?

The shop I used to go to a few years back, apparently closed. I loved that place, they would just let me hang out there and I learned a lot... so, is there a place that anyone knows of in Kansas City like that? If not, what about a place where I can just get parts without waiting for fedex?

Sorry, I love Bike Bandit. Usually my first choice.
    Of course, my local stealers are not much help anyway.

Good luck.

Comment

Umm, there really aren't any shops like that anymore. Some of the sportsbike stores are nice to go to, but nothing to really watch them work on the bike with.

BTW I'm in KC as well.
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Originally posted by devillox
        The shop I used to go to a few years back, apparently closed. I loved that place, they would just let me hang out there and I learned a lot... so, is there a place that anyone knows of in Kansas City like that? If not, what about a place where I can just get parts without waiting for fedex?
        I too am in KC.
        There is only 2 places I know of to get parts but you have to be careful cause they try to stick you on the price.Action cycles is located on stadium drive by the old leeds plant and the other is 50 hwy cycles in lone jack.Both are in the phone book. They also carry new stuff like cables and things you can order.They wanted 125 bucks for a headlight bucket and light for my bike and i could get it for 59 from crc.Most of the big shops wont even work on gs's like Donnel's on 40 hwy or freedom cycles in Grandview execept for tires.Donnel's told me they just wont even consider it! Where abouts are you in KC? I have seen a couple of gs's running around lately and did not see any last year.I live over by noland road and little blue,close to kcir raceway.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry... but if it's not in Westport or midtown I don't know where it is. I've never even heard of Lone Jack! I do know where Noland Rd is, but that's just because A-1 Tattoo Co. is there. I know KCK pretty well, because the shop I used to go to was there, they have amazing roads, and a completely lazy police force! We used to have a MC club of sorts (mostly early 70's BMWs and we all played in bands than ran in the same circles) called Hate City, and we would meet on Sundays and ride the entire 435 loop. I discovered the shop and the roads in KCK quite by accident. I live smack dab in the middle of downtown, right in the loft district. I'm not originally from here and I don't get to spend alot of time exploring. I've heard about Action Cycle a million times, but never anything good or must see. I've never had a need for Japanese parts or advice until now... but I'm hooked. We should ride sometime.

Comment

I'm always riding through downtown and around the city.. just look for the 80 gs550 trying to keep up with a pack of crotch rockets

Comment

I ride from the stadium to stanley kansas almost every day,except for the past week.It's to dang hot to ride with or without gear!

Comment

Another GS in KC

Hey... just wanted to jump into your thread about KC. I live in Prairie Village, KS and ride an '82 1100. Ride mostly for recreation on nights and weekends. Normally my wife is on the back.

For parts, there are 2 shops I know of:
                1. Wade's Two Wheeler in Lee's Summit (~291 S & 50 hwy). They are cheap on service and can get most parts, but not quite certain they are "experts" on the GS bikes.
                2. Merriam Cycles in Merriam, KS (I-35 & Johnson Drive). They are pricey as hell, and will upsell you on everything. Also their service charge is $70/hour. I've heard they do very quality work, but have never used them.

Anyway, just thought I'd say, "Hi".

Comment

Another in KC

Used to ride an '82 GS550M in college. (Damn I wish I could find that bike again). Now I ride my black '79 GS850G with short eurotour bars and short windshield around and to work most days. BTW, I work downtown at 9th and walnut.

I've been going to Action since the early 90's. They are okay. Mostly for used parts if they have them. The easiest way to get to Action is to take I70 East to Van Brunt and exit South. The first major intersection is 31st Street. You have to go through the intersection and take a loop to the right which takes you around so you are headed East on 31st. (This in place of being able to take a left on 31st). Then from 31st you take a sort of right at an angle at that same intersection in a South Easterly direction. (You'll understand better when you see it). Then just follow it around and Action will be on your left. It is a store front building.

We should set up a Sunday morning breakfast KC GS run. Everybody meet up at a greasy spoon breakfast joint on a Sunday about 7:00. Eh?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Doldrums
                    Hey... just wanted to jump into your thread about KC. I live in Prairie Village, KS and ride an '82 1100. Ride mostly for recreation on nights and weekends. Normally my wife is on the back.

For parts, there are 2 shops I know of:
                    1. Wade's Two Wheeler in Lee's Summit (~291 S & 50 hwy). They are cheap on service and can get most parts, but not quite certain they are "experts" on the GS bikes.
                    2. Merriam Cycles in Merriam, KS (I-35 & Johnson Drive). They are pricey as hell, and will upsell you on everything. Also their service charge is $70/hour. I've heard they do very quality work, but have never used them.

Anyway, just thought I'd say, "Hi".
                    Glad to know of another GS in the area.I do all of my work myself except for tires but latley all I do is ride! Im starting to see more GS's around here this year and I think that's great.We might have to get everybody together and have a saturday GS ride in KC!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman
                      Used to ride an '82 GS550M in college. (Damn I wish I could find that bike again). Now I ride my black '79 GS850G with short eurotour bars and short windshield around and to work most days. BTW, I work downtown at 9th and walnut.

I've been going to Action since the early 90's. They are okay. Mostly for used parts if they have them. The easiest way to get to Action is to take I70 East to Van Brunt and exit South. The first major intersection is 31st Street. You have to go through the intersection and take a loop to the right which takes you around so you are headed East on 31st. (This in place of being able to take a left on 31st). Then from 31st you take a sort of right at an angle at that same intersection in a South Easterly direction. (You'll understand better when you see it). Then just follow it around and Action will be on your left. It is a store front building.

We should set up a Sunday morning breakfast KC GS run. Everybody meet up at a greasy spoon breakfast joint on a Sunday about 7:00. Eh?

Chris
                      Hey pacman,they finally got a sign out front of Action Cycles too! You have to watch there prices,they are high on most stuff.Price what ya need before ya go there.They tried to sell me a used headlight bucket and light for $125! I can get a brand new one for 60 from motorcycle usa superstore.The sunday morn. breakfast sounds good to me! Just say when!

Comment

hey pacman i work at 12th and grand, and the breakfast idea sounds great.

Comment

i'm up for breakfast... count me in

Comment

Make me a fourth... although right now my bike is down. Need a new rear wheel spline (mine is VERY close to failure). Go ahead without me... and maybe if we do it again I can make it.

Comment

Hey guys I'm only in KC during the week. On week ends I am normally on the other side of the state but would love to connect with the group on a breakfast lunch dinner or just for lies.

I work at 31st and broadway and havew an apt between westport and the plaza. I have the 77 750 in town with me now.

We could do an evening at a coffee shop

Comment

Working...
                              X