Carb sync tool advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sync tool advice needed

Hey guys, I'm finally going to break down and buy a carb sync tool. Motion pro offers a "cheapy" for about $45 and the "shop" model for about $75...I would just as soon get the cheaper one if it will work just as well. So, what do you think? Should I spend the extra money?? Thanks, in advance!:-D
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

I've had the cheapy for two years and it works really well.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Cheapy one works fine for me.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

cheap one works fine

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, guys! I'll take your advice and save a few bucks, to boot!:-D
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Get the cheap one and buy a carb screwdriver to go with it cause you will need it.

Comment

Most of these tools are no longer available. Effective July 1st, the transportation of Mercury is prohibited in 4 states without a special license. As this includes California, MotionPro (which is in CA) has stopped selling / shipping any of the Mercury filled sync tools.

You might be able to find them as old stock in a few places, but we have not been able to buy these for several months now.

Supposedly MotionPro will continue selling the high end tool WITHOUT Mercury, but them you have to find a source for that stuff.

Comment

Nice CA. First my chrome polish, now my mercury.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X