Yoshimura GS1000 Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshimura GS1000 Article

I just got back from a ride in Hawaii (Harley - a pig but fun anyway) and was looking through some old motorcycle magazine articles and found one that may be of interest. It is on the Yoshimura race bike based on the GS1000. It is a fairly detailed article that has suspension and engine mods, including the frame bracing information.

I'll be on vacation for another few days. If anyone wants a copy of this article I will scan it when I get home and email to you. I don't know how to post it here, otherwise I would.

BTW, I got a Hawaii drivers licence while I was there that has my Colorado street address on it. Looks cool.

Aloha!

Hi Swanny,
    The frame bracing is of interest to me. If you get a chance to scan that part it would be great.

Thanks, Steve

Comment

Scan the document then post it on JBs website and use the properties to make it appear on the gs website by placing them between the "IMG" html

Comment

If I do that does the whole article appear in the post? Or, if I put it on someones website, is it just the link? It's rather long - about 15 pages with the pics. Last question - where is JB's website?

Just for your info, it's Cycle World May 1979, and Wes Cooley is riding it. Damn, am I that old?

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
          Damn, am I that old?
          UUUHHH............No, and neither am I 8O Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Re: Yoshimura GS1000 Article

I just got back from a ride in Hawaii (Harley - a pig but fun anyway) and was looking through some old motorcycle magazine articles and found one that may be of interest. It is on the Yoshimura race bike based on the GS1000. It is a fairly detailed article that has suspension and engine mods, including the frame bracing information.

I'll be on vacation for another few days. If anyone wants a copy of this article I will scan it when I get home and email to you. I don't know how to post it here, otherwise I would.

BTW, I got a Hawaii drivers licence while I was there that has my Colorado street address on it. Looks cool.

Aloha!

OOOOH I would love to get that article, are you gonna post it on Earls website? that would be great!!!

Comment

OOOOH I would love to get that article, are you gonna post it on Earls website? that would be great!!!
              I plan on posting this weekend when I get back. Can someone tell me where Earls is? I need an address that will let me post a rather large file. Once posted I'll let you know in this thread.

Comment

Hawaii?
                Wow sounds great,even on a Harley
                We just got slammed with about 10 inches of snow, after the rian and ice.

I would love to read that article, please let me knwo if you post it.
                Or scan it.

Than ks
                Keith
                Keith
                -------------------------------------------
                1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

yoshimura article - 15 pages?

Did this ever get posted on a web-site? Is it on GS Resources anywhee? I would like to see it too! RS, Kent, England.

Comment

It's not posted yet. I was busy scanning yesterday, seeing what method works best. I tried Omnipage, which converts it into a Word document. You then have to do lots of manipulations to get the pics, spell check, etc. I also converted one page to a .bmp format. That seems to work ok i guess.

I still don't know where to post it. Can someone give me a web address, not just JB's (sorry - I'm lost). Also any reccomendations on what format. I do plan to do this, just have little info on how to do it so far, and I'm learning.

Comment

It's not posted yet. I was busy scanning yesterday, seeing what method works best. I tried Omnipage, which converts it into a Word document. You then have to do lots of manipulations to get the pics, spell check, etc. I also converted one page to a .bmp format. That seems to work ok i guess.

I still don't know where to post it. Can someone give me a web address, not just JB's (sorry - I'm lost). Also any reccomendations on what format. I do plan to do this, just have little info on how to do it so far, and I'm learning.
                      If it is so long why not just post the link on this website its quite simple

Comment

That's what I want to do. I have no problem with that. But I need to post it somewhere so the link points to it. I haven't been very good at explaining this. I need the address of a website that will allow me to post 15 pages of this article - scanned bitmap images or by other means.

Comment

That's what I want to do. I have no problem with that. But I need to post it somewhere so the link points to it. I haven't been very good at explaining this. I need the address of a website that will allow me to post 15 pages of this article - scanned bitmap images or by other means.
                          well if you make thr 15 pages and post them as 15 items on JBs web page we can open one it a time. If the article came from a website then just post the link of the website. if it is from a magazine send me the magazine

Comment

JBs web page
                            Hehe - well this is what I'm still trying to find out. WHERE is JB's web page. You keep telling me to go there, but I don't know where it is

Comment

JBs web page
                              Hehe - well this is what I'm still trying to find out. WHERE is JB's web page. You keep telling me to go there, but I don't know where it is

Comment

Working...
                              X