'82 GS850L parts availabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS850L parts availabilty

Anyone know for a fact if the original chrome covers for the speedometer & tachometer are still available for an '82 GS850L. P/N are shown as follows: COVER, SPEEDOMETER 34151-33220 and COVER, TACHOMETER
    34251-33220. Also, if they are still available, do I have to remove the entire cluster assembly to repace them, or just unscrew the tach and speedo cables, and the little cap nuts on the back of the housings?

Thanks again,

Rocketman, Bay Shore, New York

Yep

Yes, they are still available. You can order them from your dealer or, if you like, Ron Ayers sells them for $12.38 each. I think you can attach them as you've mentioned but I'll take a look at my bike to make sure.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I called Ron Ayers and there are actually 2 pieces for each cover. One looks like a chrome bezel (circular) and one is a back cover. Bezels are discintinued, and back covers are on unknown back-order. Maybe easiest thing is to remove the old ones, and have them re-finished or powder coated. But thanks again. Really surpirsing how an '82 bike almost seems like an antique when you're looking for OEM or NOS parts!
      Larry

Comment

You bet!

You're welcome, Larry. You might do a search on Ebay and get lucky. There is a great deal of GS stuff available at all times. Chrome plating shops' prices vary a lot....you might find someone that would do them pretty cheap (but shop around).:-D
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
        X