Someone tried to steal my GS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone tried to steal my GS!

Right out of my front yard! Looks like they took a screwdriver to the ignition. They popped off the chrome cap. Anyone know if I can buy a new one somewhere? If so where?

Just the cap or the whole ignition?....you can still get the ignition OEM at the dealer but it will cost ya.

Damn thieves.

Comment

Wow, in Springfield, MA! That town is getting more and more out of control. I used to live in South Hadley and worked in East Longmeadow. Had to drive through Springfield every day.

I'll look in the bin, I might have something for you. Won't be until Monday though.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Just the cap. Look like it just presses on there. The ignition still works normally but just doesn't look pretty anymore.

Comment

If Jethro does'nt come up with one than I would check salvage yards. I would bet that any 80's Suzuki would work. Good luck.

Comment

You can get a new one from Cycle-Recycle2 in Indy. Don't recall what the new website is, but the old one is newmotorcycleparts.com, and then it re-directs you to their new site. Just browse under the electrical parts. local stealer said a new one for my 82 EZ would be 110.00 and may take weeks to get...??? Cost me ~$35.00 for one from CRC2, if I recall.
            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Working...
            X