Vance and Hines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyg
    I must admit its not really all that loud without the insulation in there. She goes pop.pop.pop like a rice rocket with a short exhaust but she doesnt have the brup brup brup brup like a h/d would. I had to chuckle at that one about takeing the mufflers off and have the cops ticket you. We got some long necks here that go from bar too bar at 2 in the morning. and boy do they tear up the street when driveing by.
    Sorry if I sounded intolerant. It's a free country. I just happen to live on a straightaway where every Harley guy who can't take a curve to save his life lays on it because it 'sounds so cool'. To him maybe. It wakes the kids up, the dog barks, and I consider laying some 1/4" steel cable, sound activated at 120 dB to pop up to head height.....

Comment

I sanded the inside of the pipe, as well as the first inch of the headers. I only needed a few Thousandths (and currently I would not need to actually mount the rear of the muffler in place to keep it from falling off .

Comment

My V&H header and muffler were too tight as well. A muffler shop can expand the muffler in a minute or two. Or you can buy your own expansion tool at the auto parts.

Comment

Working...
        X