Best resource for carb kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'm going to have to go "all the way" with the carbs on my '78 Gs1000. I've been looking and looking for "complete" rebuild kits online to no avail. Can somebody point me in the right direction please? Links? Thanx, Guy

I've had good luck with "Georgefix" on Fleabay, but they were for CV carbs.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I found the kits on the Z1 website. Anybody have any experience with their kits? I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to replace those 28 year old floats too but I dont see them listed. Feedback? Please?[-o< Guy

Comment

If the floats float and all weigh the same(thanks bwringer) they should be fine.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Thanks Chef! Where did you find your rebuild kits? Guy

Comment

Comment

You should do it right and also use these. Buy a Berrymans carb dip and dip all metal parts and clean all passages.

Comment

Thanks again Bro! I REALLY appreciate that one! Guy
                Originally posted by chef1366
                You should do it right and also use these. Buy a Berrymans carb dip and dip all metal parts and clean all passages.

http://www.cycleorings.com/VMkit.html

Comment

I have an 83 GS550E (blue white 2 carbs, 4 cyl). I cannot find carb kits for this year. I find everyting up to '82. I have checked all of the sites listed in these posts. The Cycleoring guy tells me if I have the "Dual Throat" mikunis, he probably cannot help with o-rings either. What is the difference with these carbs and are any other carb parts interchangeable? I know they are the BS series and CV type. Other than that I am lost.

Comment

Hey 550ERAT,

I have a 1985 550E and have the same carbs. Just redid my carbs. Many parts are still available at a Suzuki dealer or online. I have not been able to find a rebuild kit either. Yes it is more expensive to buy individual parts but just clean carbs and only replace the parts you think are bad. The only thing I did to my carbs was installed main jets back to factory specs. My biggest problem was the O-rings between the cylinder and the intake manifold. Their sucking air which should not happen. This plays a big factor in how the bike will run. There is a service manual availabe on cd on Ebay. Worth the ten bucks. It gives all specs on the 550E including the carbs.

.................Regards.......................... .indiandn

Comment

thanks, were you able to find the o-rings that were giving you problems?

Comment

I've had good luck with "Georgefix" on Fleabay, but they were for CV carbs.
                        Ditto this, I use him a lot and have bought the 78 GS1000 rebuild kits your looking for from him already in the past. If he doesn't have them in stock, he can get them. Good prices, fast shipping, no haggling. Send him an email.

Comment

Hoomgar, how far from Pittsburgh are you? I used to live there and my Grandma still lives in Harrisburg.

Comment

Has anyone used this ebayer out of Canada for carb kits? Looks good to me.

Comment

Hoomgar, how far from Pittsburgh are you? I used to live there and my Grandma still lives in Harrisburg.

About 4 hours from Pittsburgh and 45 minutes from Harrisburg.

Comment

Working...
                              X