Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help for my '79 GS850GN

I hope someone has a kind enough heart to help me out.....:-D

I purchased this bike 2 years ago with the intent of restoring it to original condition, and so far I have not done too badly...... but!!!

When I got this thing the starter would not work by way of the starter button and the lights and signal did not work.
    You could kick start it, but anyone who has done it can tell you how much fun it is to kick start an 850....8-[

Anyway, I took the battery box out and the rest of the electronics from in that area to troubleshoot and had to put it away for a long time...(JOB calls)
    Now, I have fixed the problem with the starter system, but I have long forgotten how it all goes together......

Would anyone be so good as to take a picture or two of the way it all goes together, or point me to a good book I can purchase that will show me exactly where I need to put it all together???

I have both the Clymer and the Haynes and they are about as good as having blinders on... no pics.

Thanks for any help!!!

I know hind sight is 20/20 but next time draw yourself a diaghrahm or use colored electical tape to match ends. I use the colored electrical tape because I have CRS due to an inappropriatly spent youth.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'll take the pics eventually and try to help you out, but its going to take me until after next weekend to get my camera back.....wife is out of town. If you don't get the pics by then, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Thanks a bunch Mark!

I REALLY want to get this thing on the road this year, so this is going to help a ton!!
        \\/

Comment

Indystev, did you get your pictures you needed?

I'm working on my carbs right now and have the tank off, air obx off and the carbs too. What do you need pics of exactly.....

Comment

Hi Lennymu,

No, not yet..
            I need a shot of the battery box and everything that mounts on it.
            I removed the solenoid, fuse box, and all other electrical when I pulled it apart.

Thanks!!

Comment

Lennymu
              Here's the left side of the battery box. The only thing on the right side is the turn signal auto-canceller box which is held on by a rubber band. Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
              X