sparkplug boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sparkplug boots

I need two plug boots as Im not getting any resitance out of them, 1980 gs750L, My question is can you buy any type of boot at autozone and have it work?

Not sure about the autozone boots, but you can get the NGK ones from Z1enterprises for 3 or 4 bucks apiece.

Comment

I replaced mine on my GS1100G. I read through the forums and there were some good articles on it. If memory serves me each one is supposed to have a resistor in the range of 3-5K ohms. Like GSstiny said, NGK makes some. I had to get two different styles, the exact #s are somewhere in the forum history but the NGK ones I used were all 5K ohms. Keep your rubber boot fittings, I used mine instead of the NGK ones. That is weird you didn't get any resistance out of them. Do you mean you got infinite resistance or zero? I checked all four of mine and two were around 10K ohms, one was at 100K ohms and the other was okay at 3K ohms....

Tony

Comment

Any bike shop should have these, but auto shops won't.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by b1ackd3ath
          I replaced mine on my GS1100G. I read through the forums and there were some good articles on it. If memory serves me each one is supposed to have a resistor in the range of 3-5K ohms. Like GSstiny said, NGK makes some. I had to get two different styles, the exact #s are somewhere in the forum history but the NGK ones I used were all 5K ohms. Keep your rubber boot fittings, I used mine instead of the NGK ones. That is weird you didn't get any resistance out of them. Do you mean you got infinite resistance or zero? I checked all four of mine and two were around 10K ohms, one was at 100K ohms and the other was okay at 3K ohms....

Tony
          I got zero out of two And 6 out of the other two, do think thats why I have a hard time starting it in the mornings?

Comment

Working...
          X