quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...QQcmdZViewItem would that work on my 1980 gs 750? reason i ask is i have the dual front brakes, except my master cylinder was the square reservior type.

You have an E and those are off an L. The calipers are the same but the Master cylinders are different but they will work. Why don't you rebuild the old one?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

my old one needed the switch and a rebuild and i found one on ebay for mine accoarding to the guy. it was brand new so i bought it for the price of a rebuild and switch. When i got it it didnt seem right the wires were of a smaller guage but i didnt think anything of it. few months later i went to put it in and vacuum bled it, then hand bled it till there was no air and it pulls in all the way to the bar. lines are good and i got rid of my old one, and lost the guys email.

Comment

Remove the single line from the master cylinder going in to the Y and submerge the end in the master cylinder and pump the lever. You should see air bubbles. Do this till the bubbles stop. This is bleeding the master cylinder itself. Then reattach it to the Y and bleed the calipers. Try gravity bleeding first and then open bleeder valve, pull brake lever, close bleeder, release lever. If you don't get good flow try the Fleabay one. Hope this makes sense, I just got of a fifteen hour shift. Are you sure all your lines are sealed?
        Last edited by chef1366; 07-24-2006, 04:29 PM.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

ill give that a shot. could air still be in there after vacuum blleeding? could there still be air in the y?

Comment

I'm not sure if a vacuum bleed will bleed the master cylinder.

Comment

alright ill fdo that, it was a brand new one and i didnt bleed it so i'll cross my fingers. it stiffens up a little if i pump it, so i hope this will cure it. thankyou for the help.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2006, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X