Pilot Jet adjustment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Jet adjustment question

80GS750L, When I first got the bike there were rubber plugs covering the pilot jets(mixture) and they had melted into the bowls. I took them all out and cleaned the bowls up. Now I have the carbs off of the bike and from what I have read you are supposed to turn these mixture screws out two full turns. Well, they were screwed in all of the way not to mention that there were plugs keeping any air or anything from reaching the jet. I am starting to think that maybe I should replug it and screw it in all of the way. I am a little confused at this point.

The actual screws that do the mixture adjustment are under plugs on the top, head side of the carbs. The ones you've located should be lightly seated and replugged.

Comment

Well, That solves the entire confusion issue. Could this cause a rich condition and no top end?

Comment

There is a passage way that connects the main jet with the pilot jet. The main during the pilot stage doesn't take in gas because it is blocked by your needle but it is sucked into your pilot circuit. If you don't have the cap on it will be sucked throuugh both which equals a rich condition.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X