muffler suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffler suggestions

i want to put some new mufflers on my '78 GS750, does anyone have any recomendations as to brand or company? I would like to stay with a look that is close to stock, if possible.

I believe MAC sells both a 4 into 1 and 2 into 1's for your bike. With the 2 into 1's, you shouldn't need to re-jet. If you want some additional performance from your bike, buy a Vance & Hines 4 into 1, some K&N pods, and a jet kit.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

The Vance & Hines exhaust sounds flippin' AWESOME. Not really all that loud, actually, but a lovely deep rippling burble. Expensive, though.

The Mac just sounds, well... kinda eh. Buzzy and shrill by comparison. Mac stuff is somewhat cheaper.

I believe JonR has used both on his 750, and it sounds totally righteous with the V&H. V&H stuff tends to look nicer and hold up a bit better, IMHO.

You DO have to rejet and use pods.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If you just need to replace the mufflers, some here have had great success with welding on discarded stock Harley mufflers.

Some have even reported that grateful Hardley-Ableson dealers have happily invited them to carry away all the mufflers they could, since over 99% of the brave nonconformists who buy Hardleys immediately replace the exhausts with lifesaving open pipes, purely out of selfless regard for their fellow man.

Pick up some assless chaps while you're there...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
          If you just need to replace the mufflers, some here have had great success with welding on discarded stock Harley mufflers.

Some have even reported that grateful Hardley-Ableson dealers have happily invited them to carry away all the mufflers they could, since over 99% of the brave nonconformists who buy Hardleys immediately replace the exhausts with lifesaving open pipes, purely out of selfless regard for their fellow man.

what he said - right price and didnt look too bad on a GS at all....\\/

although his second point confounds me some.... even if you were that way inclined.... why would you pick a up a fellow with NO bum ffs....

kinda defeats the purpose

Comment

Originally posted by nichols750
            i want to put some new mufflers on my '78 GS750, does anyone have any recomendations as to brand or company? I would like to stay with a look that is close to stock, if possible.
            Dennis Kirk sells a replacement set of muffler made by an Italian company called SITO. They look very similar to stock and are quiet, easy to install, and look great! I just put a set on my 79' GS850(same part # as the GS750) and they were the answer I was looking for. The cost is a little steep $253 but the quality is 1st class.

GS1000S
            Last edited by GS1000S; 08-04-2006, 10:24 PM.
            78' GS1000EC
            79' GS850GN
            79' GS1000N
            79' GS1000EN
            81' GS1100EX

Comment

Couldn't have said it as well meself.:-D

Comment

You can still get original mufflers for the '78 750 from Suzuki - $250 each...

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit...me~GS750EC.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Pharkmeh
                  what he said - right price and didnt look too bad on a GS at all....\\/

although his second point confounds me some.... even if you were that way inclined.... why would you pick a up a fellow with NO bum ffs....

Whoops, sorry -- can you turn on your "'Merkin" to "Strine" dialect translation software? I'll try to get to Outback Steakhouse soon to soak up some authentic Aussie phrases from reading the menu... :twisted:
                  Eat more venison.

Comment

You might want to place a bid on these?

78' GS1000EC
                    79' GS850GN
                    79' GS1000N
                    79' GS1000EN
                    81' GS1100EX

Comment

Whoops, sorry -- can you turn on your "'Merkin" to "Strine" dialect translation software? I'll try to get to Outback Steakhouse soon to soak up some authentic Aussie phrases from reading the menu... :twisted:
                      roflmao - ur the nasty man talkin about A$$less chaps ffs....

Pick up some assless chaps while you're there

clearly a conflicting ponderance....

Originally posted by Pharkmeh
                      although his second point confounds me some.... even if you were that way inclined.... why would you pick up a fellow with NO bum ffs....

not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Comment

Two words Vance and Hine,

One site too get them Mashonline.com

$279.00 brand new shelf models. comes with instructions for each model bike too rejett and use the right air filter. Can't loose with em.

Like em loud, take out the isulation, and just leave in the baffle. Like em soft throw in some more insulation.

Comment

Working...
                        X