Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Fork air equaliser question

Hi All,

I am changing the non-standard air fittings on the top of my GS1000G forks to an equaliser fitting between the triple trees. The fitting comes from a GS1150 and fits around each leg with a balance tube between them

Can somebody with this bike tell me how far from the top of the tube the fitting sits, or how far down do I have to drill the hole in each tube?

Many thanks
    Kim

They mount just above the lower clamp, don't they? Don't forget there are grooves in the fork tube for the o-rings to seal on the adaptor...

Comment

I can tell you that there is only one air point on the left fork near the top. I will go out to the garage later today and measure it for you.

Comment

Have you thought about the after market ones.

I don't think I would be drilling into my forks, unless I had a spare set. The after market balance kits fit on top of the fork caps. I didn't like the look of them, so I made a pump with two hoses and a low preasure guage to pump up both forks at the same time equally.

Comment

The air tube on my 1150 is under the top triple clamp. There is a rubber washer between the top triple clamp and the fitting 3/8". The fitting it self is about 3/4". Their is a groove in the forks for a c ring under the fitting and o-rings in the fitting to seal it.
          Good luck, hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
            The air tube on my 1150 is under the top triple clamp. There is a rubber washer between the top triple clamp and the fitting 3/8". The fitting it self is about 3/4". Their is a groove in the forks for a c ring under the fitting and o-rings in the fitting to seal it.
            oops 3/16 not 3/8

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
              Thanks, Gerry, that's helpful.

The adaptor I have is about an inch or an inch & 1/4 high. It has the o-rings but I didn't know about the circlip groove in the tube.

It also sits higher than I imagined as it looks like it will bump into the top triple clamp casting at that height. I will sort it out when I get back from holidays in a few weeks. My thoughts were to fit it as high as possible.

Kim

Comment

Working...
              X