Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor

Hi
    I cant take off the rotor bolt,I put iron bar inside the rear wheel in first gear
    with no result,what you think I need to do?

Get a shop manual and read the instructions. The normal procedure is to use special tools such as a rotor holder and rotor remover. Why do you need to remove the rotor?

Comment

If you're talking about the rotor on the end of the crank that spins inside the stator... you can remove the bolt with an air impact wrench (it's a normal righty-tighty lefty-loosey thread), but you absolutely MUST have the proper special puller tool to remove the rotor from the crank.

Subtitutes made from spare bolts are just heartbreak waiting to happen...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If the "rotor" you're referring to is the electronic ignition rotor on the right side of the engine, make sure you're trying to loosen the right thing first. There's a 12 mm hex head bolt that is removed first. It's threaded into the end of the crankshaft. Then under that there is a 21mm hex "WASHER" that just pulls off. So unless you first remove the smaller bolt, the hex washer isn't going anywhere! That washer just helps retain rotor and ignition advancer while at the same time provides a convienient way to turn or hold the crankshaft. If you try to turn or hold the crankshaft with the smaller 12mm bolt, chances are pretty good it will break.

Comment

Working...
        X