Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N style pods getting wet

hi all

so it was bucketing down this morning on the way to work and my k&N style pod air filters filled up with water. the '78 gs750e ran like a dog by the time i got to work. does anyone know of some type of cover you can get for wet weather, or has anyone found a better solution. my filters are paper - i've been told i cannot oil them like proper k&n's.

cheers
    gus

I would convert it back to a stock airbox and filter.

Comment

You need oilable filters like K&N or UNI. Or just don't ride in the rain!

Comment

Yep, real K&N's are worth every penny. I rode for days in POURING rain with mine and had no problems.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

i thought so

thanks for the reply guys. yeah, i guess i should have forked out the cash in the first place rather than going for the cheaper option.
          in the meantime, i'm working on a couple of ideas to cover the filters. i'll post solution when/if i have it done.

cheers
          gus

Comment

does anyone know the source of where to look up the k&n part numbers for filters for our bikes?
            1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

yeah, I had a non k&n filter on my car, and when I washed it (it was junk) and it was wet, virtually NO water flowed through. I know k&n makes filter covers for their bigger stuff, not sure about pods though

Comment

Working...
              X