Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which tool for '82 750T valve/tappet adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which tool for '82 750T valve/tappet adjustment?

I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying my Clymer manual will not ship as they can't get them from their distributor. I just ordered a used one but it will be another week before I get it

If someone could look up the Suzuki part # for the valve/tappet adjusting tool I need to adjust the valve/cam clearance. It should have a small square drive socket. Is there an aftermarket source for these, BTW?

Motion Pro

Motion Pro makes a really good one but it's kind of 'spendy'. The Suzuki tool is 09917-14910. Supposedly, it's still available but I've had one on order for about 6 weeks so I'm beginning to wonder.8-[
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

A 3mm spanner works nicely. That's what I use. Unfortunately the Craftsman ignition wrench set didn't go lower than 4mm, so I modified it with a torch and a vice. Been using it for years.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My advice, spend the 34 bucks and get the motion pro. I got mine for the last VJ i did and I love it.

Works for more than just the GS also.

Comment

Where did you get it from? What's it called?

Comment

I just used a 6" crescent wrench, or some needle nose to hold it still. It's doesn't take much torque at all, and I haven't messed up any of the adjusters that I've messed with so far....

Comment

Working...
            X