No announcement yet.

GS750 Stumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok installed the 115 main jets and the 17.5 pilot jets. I put the needles at the 3rd notch (stock). The bike runs great to about 3/4 throttle......then we are back to the stumbling. I think maybe the needle move back to stock and not 1 notch to raise the needle is affecting this. Any opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by mpinkorea
      Ok installed the 115 main jets and the 17.5 pilot jets. I put the needles at the 3rd notch (stock). The bike runs great to about 3/4 throttle......then we are back to the stumbling. I think maybe the needle move back to stock and not 1 notch to raise the needle is affecting this. Any opinions.
      Sounds like your prevoius stumble problem was related to a rich condition. Lowering the jet needles helped. I'd still take some plug reads at 1/3 throttle.
      Now it just sounds like you need to find the right main since your stumble is at 3/4 plus?
      If it's the same stumble, it figures to also be a rich condition. 115 mains seem a good choice but jetting is always trial and error. I'd probably try 110's?
      What do the plugs reads look like now? If you still have uneven reads, something's wrong.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X