83 gs750t jetting for v/h pipe ???? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750t jetting for v/h pipe ???? help

Hi well i got my new vance hines pipe rejeted to what there spec where 130 main and pilot jet to 42.5.Checked for leaks syn the carbs stock air box fixed the lid foam but still running lean. I looked threw old post and see the pilot screw talked about cant find it please help .

Don't know of the thread you are looking for but, is it running lean just off idle? Pilot jetting will only fix it down very low (idle and just off idle), the needle circuit controls jetting from basically 1/4 to 3/4 throttle travel.

Do you have a jet kit and what are the needle settings?

Mixture screws are generally set about 3 turns out from fully seated. But again this is very low speed stuff - if you are lean thru the midrange only needle adjustments are gonna cure that.

Good luck, Ed.

2005 GSF1200SZ
    1992 900SS
    1983 GS750ED

Comment

I didnt get a jet kit what would i need a stage one the only think i would need from it would be the needle jet?Also i did not change the e clip on the neddle yet .Also Mixture screws ,where are they i dont see any on the carbs i see the air pilot on the intake also the main jet and the pilot jet thats it ???

Comment

rxl440, is your name refering to Polaris RXL snowmobiles?

Comment

yes 78 polaris rxl sno pro

Comment

Ok are the Mixture screws under a aluminum plug on the top of the carb motor side ?

Comment

Yes, you drill them out, but be careful not to hit the top of the mixture screw. Do a search for "throttle chop" and see what the forum has to offer. You determine jetting and needle position on the color of your spark plugs.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks for the help also did the 83 gs 750 t have moveable e clip on the jet needle or will i need a stage 1 jetting kit or stage 3 ?

Comment

Nice sled, it looks like a TX to me. The only RXLs I am familiar are the 75- 76 IFS 340 factory racers and the EFI 650indys.
                  I had a 79 TX440 similiar to yours pictured.
                  Now back to motorcycle carburator talk!!

Comment

yup its a 76 tx with a 75 big port 440 motor run it in the open mod class ,as far a rxl would love to have one if you can find one or even buy one would love to have a 77 or 78 rxl 440 ifs or even the frist one in 77 that was a leaf spring front end even more rare. I take you raced or into vintage sleds?

Comment

I have been into snowmobiling my whole life. I drag race a prostock 800. I like to follow sled oval racing also. I enjoy the vintage sleds alot. Check out the RXL in the attachment.

Comment

Working...
                      X