Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jethro
    Hey, isn't your bike leaking right now? :razz:
    LOL! Oh man, that is the best part, No it is not! It was, (your going to love this) because someone used SEALANT on the oil cover. It is no longer leaking now that I am NOT USING ANY SEALER! Sweet <-- fact!

Dood, the manual is wrong about many many many aspects of these bikes. The break in information was not the best, the maintenance tips are often off and better ways have since been found. Even the oil changing recommendations have been off. Remember, the information in your manual is from knowledge that is as old as your bike is. Much better means of doing things have been discovered since that book was written. That is why the bikes are not longer the same either.

Note, I am not telling you to ignore the advice of your manual or change what you do! :shock:

Just sayin

Comment

I will LEVY MY SOUL on the fact that RTV sealant, when properly installed will not, can not and does not ever in any way casue or increase the possability of an oil leak at the cam cover gasket! :razz: Fact!

And the manual is wrong??? What the... now that's like tellin' a muslum that Allah works at the quickie mart! :shock: Them's fightin' words! The manual is my god, my one true ruler, the playbook for my life, the.... ok. I'll calm down now.8-[
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
        I will LEVY MY SOUL on the fact that RTV sealant, when properly installed will not, can not and does not ever in any way casue or increase the possability of an oil leak at the cam cover gasket! :razz: Fact!

And the manual is wrong??? What the... now that's like tellin' a muslum that Allah works at the quickie mart! :shock: Them's fightin' words! The manual is my god, my one true ruler, the playbook for my life, the.... ok. I'll calm down now.8-[
        The manual does suggest you ride and enjoy the bike. On this I think they might be right

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
          The manual does suggest you ride and enjoy the bike. On this I think they might be right
          Actually, the manual says just the opposite! If you turn to page 157, you'll specifically see the reference to.... :-D
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X