Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs400 restoration

Hi all,
    I have a 78 gs400 that i am trying to put back on the road, my biggest problems are the seat (lack there of) and the exhaust.
    The seat foam is pretty well gone and the seat pan has long since rusted away. I've not been able to find a new seat and pan. Althought i'm probobly not looking in the right places. Any recomendations?
    The exhaust is the other big hurdel. The header pipes are ok but the baffels in the mufflers have rotted out. I found a 2 in 1 kit but would like to keep the twin pipes. Does anyone make new ones? or maby a performance exh set up?

Thanks for the help
    Joe

gs400 seat

go to www.bikeyard.com
    john has a gs400 and a gs300 seat listed and a pic of each listed under used faring and body parts

Comment

You might want to call Cycle Recycle II in Indianapolis, too.
      317-634-7550

Don't bother emailing -- they've never answered any that I've sent. On the phone and in person, they are the absolute best.

Here's the web site:
      CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

You have to call for used parts -- the web site only contains new bits and pieces.

I'm assuming you're located in the United States, so you might want to update your profile with your location. There are forum members all over the world, y'know!
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

You see some used ones on eBay now and them. I've also seen some new universal ones on eBay that look reasonable.

Also, MAC has a 2 into 1 that is supposed to fit the 400:

http://www.macperformance.com/store/...ategory_ID=719

Comment

yeah as a matter of fact, check out part #44-01034 at denniskirk

Comment

Working...
          X