120 links rivot chain 530 for 83 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120 links rivot chain 530 for 83 750?

hello, thx for the helps gents valve job is done and seems to be working well! new gaskets no leaks and cleaned up the mess job left from the last guy. tommorow i'm putting on new sprokets and chain, i ended up with a rivot chain, this i was unaware of till i opened the package. I've done a search and know i can peen the pins with a socket, we'll make a rig to jimmy the chain together so it don't part, but my question is i have the 83 gs 750e and i'm not sure how many links i should have?? the chain is an rx ring chain, rk takasago, 530 x SO - 120. is 120 the amount of links n the chain? and will i have to break out the grinder? thank-you.. will try n take a picture of the bike tommorow, i don't own a digital cam my buddy has one i'll bug him.

Happy Trails

Thanks for all the help made my first time valve job much easier.

Originally posted by 83GS750E
    hello, thx for the helps gents valve job is done and seems to be working well! new gaskets no leaks and cleaned up the mess job left from the last guy. tommorow i'm putting on new sprokets and chain, i ended up with a rivot chain, this i was unaware of till i opened the package. I've done a search and know i can peen the pins with a socket, we'll make a rig to jimmy the chain together so it don't part, but my question is i have the 83 gs 750e and i'm not sure how many links i should have?? the chain is an rx ring chain, rk takasago, 530 x SO - 120. is 120 the amount of links n the chain? and will i have to break out the grinder? thank-you.. will try n take a picture of the bike tommorow, i don't own a digital cam my buddy has one i'll bug him.

Happy Trails

Thanks for all the help made my first time valve job much easier.
    You will probably not need all 120 links, but it is better to have too many than not enough.

Comment

You can pick up a 530 master clip link at any motorcycle dealer...(if you don't want to use the rivot)...there only a few bucks.

Comment

120 links

btw.... a link = one connection (upper plate to lower plate).. if you were aware of this then those who are new to ownership of a chain bike this is fyi..

JP

Comment

Working...
        X