vetter bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vetter bags

I was wondering if anyone had a set of Vetter bags mounted on a 79-81 850. I have a set that looks like they are supposed to be welded to the frame near the rear foot pegs. I'd really like to see a couple nice pics of the mounting point.

I have them on my thou

The lower mounting points on my 78 GS1000 Vetter bag framework are pieces of curved steel that don't weld, but clamp to the bikes frame near the pegs, this makes it easy to remove the framework. The 750, I think, used some included tabs to mount to this location. This is the original mounting method, confirmed with the original Vetter manual that was in my boxes of parts. Two stainless hose clamps are used. I can't show pics because I am having the bag framework repaired at a welder.

Hope this vaugeness helps a little.

Comment

I've Got Some

I've got Vetters on a '80 850G. When I get home tonight I'll try to snap some pics if you still need them then.

Scott

Comment

Thanks guys. I have a set that i'm looking to sell to a fellow GRr but they look like they were welded and then they cut the frame to take them off. I don't want to screw the guy and I don't have a use for them because I got a set from a 1100gk already on my bike now. The mental picture of the way they mount judging by what is there tells me that all that needs to be done is cut off the little pieces attached to them now and weld on a better pieces on the ends so there is more to attach the clamps to. But of course...that is just the picture in my head LOL.

Comment

You are so lucky.

I never get pictures in my head, only voices.:shock:

Comment

Sorry

Sorry about the "promise" I made you, that I can't keep now. All this time, I thought my bags were Vetter (added the same time as the fairing), but now I realize they're Calafia. Sorry I caused any confusion. FWIW, there's no welded attachments anywhere, it's all bolt on. I can still provide pictures if needed.

Comment

Thanks Romtang, I tried posting the pics and couldn't figure out how to do it. I'd still like to see the pics of the mounts, the should be close to what was cut off of the ones I have.

Comment

I will post a pix tomorrow

Comment

Thanks. The ones I need are where they mount near the rear foot pegs.

Comment

Look at my pics here and see what you think.I have a set on my 650.If the pic arent big enough let me know and i will take more pics to show you.They are bolted on behind the footpeg and ther is no welding at all
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting those...wrong year though..sorry. It needs to be prior to 82. They have a different mount for the rear pegs. Thanks again though.

Comment

I mentioned that I was looking for bags to fit my 1980 GS850 to a guy at church. Well he has the twin to my bike. He's getting rid of his bags and said he'd sell them to me for $50.00 with brackets, but NO trunk. I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy his....

Thanks for all time and trouble you all went though with pics and all...

James
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

That's ok. I still would like to see what the mount is supposed to look like. Maybe i'll get ambition and make the mount.

Comment

Working...
                          X