starting problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem...

I have a 1982 GS750e, and Im trying to fix it up. The problem I am having is that when I push the start button, nothing happens. I have tried everything I can think of, but no luck. I can stick a screwdriver to the relay and start it that way, or I can push and drop it in first gear to start it, but the start button doesnt work. Could this be a problem with the button, or possibly the relay itself? I know you dont have much to go by, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Nate O.

You'll need to verify each part of the circuit with a multi-meter and you'll need to test your starter solenoid. These processes have been described in detail in multiple posts on this forum - use the search feature.

Comment

Don't forget about the clutch saftey switch. Mine was bad, and prevented the bike stater button from working. I ended up bypassing it.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkiestBink
        Don't forget about the clutch saftey switch. Mine was bad, and prevented the bike stater button from working. I ended up bypassing it.

how did you do that/where is that? I've been holding the clutch in, but if the mech is shot, how do I bypass it?

Comment

underneath the clutch lever there is a little switch. Should be a couple of yellow/green wires coming out of it. I followed them to behind the headlight, and just plugged them together to bypass the clutch switch. Makes it a lot easier when tying to troubleshoot starting problems.

Comment

sweet. Ill try it tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X